Spring is right around the corner. The snow is melting in Sun Valley and in no time the wildflowers will be blooming. With the sun shining, spring cleaning is probably on the to do list. Beside the normal things like cleaning windows and tending to the yard, there are a few simple design tricks to help your Sun Valley home say "spring".
This can be especially helpful if you are considering selling your home this spring or summer. Check out these tips below to add some freshness to your home.
- Swap out darker, jewel tones for brighter hues. Dark greens, purples, burgundy and navy all appear incredibly rich in the winter. However, as the days get longer your interiors should reflect some brighter hues that bring a freshness into your home.
- Update your entry. As the snow melts, there is no doubt your outdoor spaces have felt a little neglected. Brighten up your entry way with a new welcome mat and some potted plants for a pop of color before you even enter your home.
- Lighten up the decor. The flowers will be blooming in no time meaning there will be more to look at outside. Because of increased natural decor outdoors, your indoors can be a little more minimal and simple.
- Bring the outdoors in. In addition to minimizing your indoor decor, you can help bridge the gap between outdoors and indoors by bringing potted plants and flowers indoors.
- Get an HVAC check up. Before the summer really gets going it is a good time to get your HVAC serviced. This will ensure your system is in tip top shape when the sun is blazing!
If you are debating selling your home this summer, give a sun valley real estate agent a call today. Jones Bates & Grover can help provide you with suggestions on where sprucing up your home may help increase the value of your home when it comes time to sell.