Park City's resorts always work hard to extend the ski season as long as possible, and most of the major resorts keep the lifts running for skiers until at least mid-April. That doesn't mean the fun stops once the snow starts to melt. In fact, even the ski lifts keep running during the summer months. You'll just see mountain bikes dangling from people's feet, rather than skis and snowboards. Maybe a few pairs of binoculars, too, but we'll cover that later.
Deer Valley, one of Park City's most popular ski resorts, keeps the action and entertainment rolling all year round. We've got the inside scoop on what to expect this summer at Deer Valley resort, from hiking and biking to a packed schedule of special events.
Summer at Deer Valley Resort: Park City Fun for Every Season
Spend a bit of time in Park City, and you'll learn that the people here like to stay in motion regardless of the weather. All year long, you'll find visitors and residents walking Park City's Historic Main Street, traversing the trails, and exploring Utah's abundant natural beauty. Deer Valley resort does a great job making the most of every season.
- When we say Park City has a long ski season, we mean it. In a good year, you might still find yourself on skis when the calendar flips to May. Be sure to check Deer Valley's snow report, if you're looking to wring a few more days out of this year's ski season.
- Once the snow melts, it's time to put away your skis and dust off your mountain bike. Deer Valley's summer trail map is massive, and with summer lift service you can head straight back to the summit to enjoy your favorite trails all over again.
- Want to explore the trails by foot, rather than bike? No problem! Deer Valley is home to diverse hiking trails, from scenic strolls to challenging, rewarding uphill hikes. Choose a guided historical hike, or explore on your own.
- Looking for the perfect way to keep your kids entertained this summer? Try Deer Valley's Summer Adventure Camp, which features fun, daily activities, divided by age group. Camp is available for children from infants to 12 years of age, and runs from early June to late August.
- Riding the lifts is part of the fun of skiing, because it allows you to see the mountain from a completely different perspective. The same thing is true in the summer! Grab your binoculars and enjoy the sights on a scenic summer lift ride, then ride the lift back down to the base in comfort.
- Park City may be a popular travel destination, but it's also a close-knit community. Visit the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater for the summer concert series, and get ready for an unforgettable night of summer fun with a few thousand of your closest friends.
- Searching for something a bit more laid back? Park City's Historic Main Street is home to dozens of art galleries, museums, performance venues, and dining establishments to suit every taste.
With an extra-long ski season and a loaded schedule of summer fun, Park City is the place to be every month of the year. Contact Cheryl Fine-Whitteron to learn more about luxury homes in Park City, UT, and find out what it's like to live in a city where you'll never be bored.