The quickest way to sell your home is to ensure that buyers fall in love at first sight. In a 2017 survey, 60% of realtors agree that staging decreases the amount of time a home sits on the market and 38% of realtors stage every home they list. There is a lot of competition in the market right now, which makes it even more important to have a home beautifully staged.
At the higher end of the market, homes sell faster when staged. Even at modest price points, staging can help a property bring in a higher price!
The intention behind staging is to make the buyer feel that they can immediately move in. Staging is best left to design professionals, but here are some tips to maximize the impact!
1. If a room in your house is darker, add mirrors. They will multiply the light coming in to the room and add depth to a space. Depending on the scale of the mirrors, they can also make a room look taller.
2. Highlight the special elements of the home. If you have a particularly lovely view, make sure that there is no furniture blocking it and frame the window with beautiful, lightweight drapes.
3. Stick to a neutral palette. You want to make sure that buyers can picture themselves living in your home, so don't customize the staging design too much. Add pops of color and personality sparingly.
4. Keep the personality of the neighborhood in mind. Certain locales attract certain kinds of buyers! For instance, if you are selling a home downtown, you can go for fun & funky!
5. Inexpensive upgrades can go a long way. Think about a fresh coat of paint or a pleasantly scented candle!
If you don't do anything else before listing your home, clean it before listing! Declutter, put personal items into storage and give your house a good scrub down!
Engel & Völkers Seattle Eastside