Staying on top of daily, monthly, and annual chores around your home is a necessary ‘evil’ if you want to enhance the likelihood that your property will continue to go UP in value over the years ahead. Maintenance and repair jobs are constants. While collectively maintaining your property is a big job, when broken down into monthly tasks, it is not as overwhelming.
To save time and money, plan for the seasonal needs of your home, yard, and garden by utilizing our new monthly checklists. This will help you stay on top of the activities in and around your real estate investment. Each blog post has a "to do" list as well as a list of sales that typically occur each month. Each checklist is just a suggestion for tasks and may vary depending on your personal preferences.
AUGUST - Getting ready for school and catching that last chance for a summer break, makes August another busy month. If you have a vegetable garden, most of your plants will be producing most heavily.
August is still a popular month for summer vacations, but if you’ve already had yours, now is the time to get ready for school, fall, and the holidays at the end of the year.
- If you like to make Christmas gifts you already know August is getting a late start for some projects. Still, no time like the present!
- Check windows and doors to make sure locks work properly and that they are in good condition. Clean tracks and lubricate hinges. Repair or replace any cracked windows.
- Perform garage door maintenance.
- Repair minor brick and mortar cracks. Call a professional if necessary, especially concerning foundations.
- Think you need more attic insulation? Add it now.
- If you haven’t cleaned gutters for awhile, check them now. You can replace damaged or leaking gutters now, or add leaf guards that will allow leaves to slide off.